Custom-fit mouthguards are made by a Toothwear dental professional from thermoplastic material and are based on a detailed mould taken of your mouth and teeth.
The mouthguards are personalised for each individual, no two custom mouthguards are the same, therefore they are the best solution for protecting your teeth.
Custom mouthguards can be created for either sports, nighttime teeth grinding, tooth whitening and are made differently depending on the intended use.
You might need a custom mouthguard if:
- You practice any high contact sports like football, rugby, hockey, soccer, wrestling, basketball, lacrosse it is highly recommended you wear a sportsguard to prevent sports injuries to jaw bones and teeth
- If you were told before by your dentist that you grind or clench your teeth and you need a nightguard or have previously worn a nightguard
- You would like to whiten you teeth fast and efficiently
- You wear orthodontic retainers and need new ones
- Clean your mouth guard after usage with a soft toothbrush and soap, rinse it and then let it air dry
- Do NOT use toothpaste to clean the mouth guards as it scratches the surfaces and makes it prone to plaque and bacteria build-ups
- Do NOT use water hotter than 40°C as it can deform the appliance
- You can use effervescent special cleaning tablets(same used for dentures or special ones for mouth guards) once or twice a week to keep the mouth guard fresh and bacteria-free. Cleaning tablets coming soon to Toothwear also, stay tuned!